Best way to insert the probe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technicoloraudio

Reaction score
13.8 CF upright Haier freezer, Johnson A419.

was going to put temp probe into 16 oz. mason jar of agar-agar neutral gel on one of the door shelves. would like to run the probe lead through the door.

what is the general method for running lead through freezer wall.

i feel certain that there is a thread on this, but i have searched here and other forums and keep coming up with differing opinions on where to put the probe once inside the chamber.

i am trying to figure out the best method, parts, tools to get the probe in there without compromising the insulation, etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, you really know how to peak the interest with a title!:ban:

As long as you're certain about coil placement on your fridge, simply drill the smallest hole possible to allow the connector to pass (connector is usually smaller than probe). Follow by filling with 100% silicone and you can call it done... If you want a more "finished" look, you can buy plastic plugs at Home depot or the like that will snap in with only a small notch cut out for the wire.

I was going to drill through the door, there are no coils in the door, so I can go right through it, just wanted to make sure I was doing it the smart way and not the "I think this will probably work, I am sure even though I lack experience in this area, that I will be fine," way.

Thanks for the tips.

Back