Best place for grain and hops Columbus, OH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
Hola all, I've been out of the brewing scene for about three years now but am finally able to dive back in.

Does Columbus have any new homebrew supply houses worth checking out? I typically would use brewmasters warehouse previously but figured if I could support local I would. I know there's Gentiles still around and possibly the winemakers shop in clintonville though I won't shop at the latter.

Thanks!!

If you're Northern Columbus, a short drive will get you to Barley Hopsters in Delaware. They sell homebrew stuff, but also have 600+ bottles you can build a 6-pack with. It's a dangerous place.

I'll have to check that out, I travel a fair amount for work but just Columbus Cincy Dayton areas.

Do they have a mill on site, and how are their prices?

They do have a mill, which I believe is a Monster Mill. The prices are pretty good for homebrew supplies, though the one complaint I have is they NEVER have sales. I like to buy bulk whenever something goes on sale, but it isn't an option there. As far as their bottles of beer are concerned, they are making a killing with the markup on single bottles. I'll usually spend no less than $15 for a mixed 6-pack.

Back