Best movies to watch while getting drunk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiecolt

Reaction score
Before I had a kid I used to love spending my Saturday getting drunk and watching movies. I loved Jaws and Schindlers List. Yours?

Big Lebowski FTW.

latest

Back in the day it was Up In Smoke - Animal House - The Toxic Avenger...
Don't watch to much anymore but it's mainly humor when we do.

Zombieland was a good one.

In college one of my roommmates had a VHS with Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber, and The Mask all on one tape. We used to watch that about once a week and get stupid.

We used to like watching "Intervention." Felt much better about ourselves. Not a movie though.

LOL, my buddies and I would get together on weekends and have marathons of intervention. While doing...stuff

my favorite was the cookie cutter "you're addiction has affected my life negatively in the following ways..." letter

c'mon dude, you don't care enough about your hitting-bottom nephew to actually write a heartfelt response? Just a half-assed list of complaints? That's the equivalent of writing the essay prompt word for word in your thesis for the SAT. You know that is exactly what was on the paper handed to the family members by the producers

While drunk or in the process of enjoying a "medicinal treatment", watching Red Bull's "The Art of Flight" in bluray is one of the best experiences ever.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh29_SERH0Y[/ame]

Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles, Airplane, The Jerk, Fletch, Top Secret!, Dumb and Dumber, Let's go to Prison, Night Shift, Snatch

To name a few...

Pretty much any Monty Python, Mel Brooks and Zucker brothers movie would hit the spot!

Snakes on a Plane. Watched it twice, back to back while drinking 2 fifths of jagermeister and 14 monster energy drinks with a friend when I was much younger and dumber. Was still a fun night though.

The star wars drinking game is also fun. Drink whenever, a light saber is ignited, a ship jumps into or out of hyperspace, Luke whines about something, and chug your drink while Vader force chokes someone and don't stop until he does.

Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles, Airplane, The Jerk, Fletch, Top Secret!, Dumb and Dumber, Let's go to Prison, Night Shift, Snatch

To name a few...

Plus the best movie to watch PERIOD: Spaceballs!

(I'm sure it was so obvious that you didn't feel the need to add it to your list of already really funny movies...) ;)

Faves. This list might also be labeled "movies my wife absolutely hates".
  • This is Spinal Tap
  • Anything Jim Carey, esp Dumb & Dumber
  • Jaws
  • American Movie (documentary, doubt many people have seen this, but it's awesome)
  • Napolean Dynomite

While drunk or in the process of enjoying a "medicinal treatment", watching Red Bull's "The Art of Flight" in bluray is one of the best experiences ever.

Downloading the 3D version now. Will check it out tonight.

Back