Best moethods for aging and storage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabbie

Reaction score
Whats up fellow brewers! I am still kinda new to home brewing and have been kegging up all my brews after a couple weeks of secondary fermentation up to this point.

I was curious as to what the best methods for aging and stoarge is. I.E. to "age" a beer can I just leave it in the secondary carboy for an extended period, say 1-2 months? Or should I put in a keg and add pressure and/or put in the fridge?

Same question on storage. I am about to go on a long vacation and have 2 beers that are ready to be kegged, but obviously I will not be able to drink for about a month. What is the best way to keep beers in stoarge? Should I keg these up as normal, add pressure (30lbs? 10lbs?) and put in fridge? Do they "age" this way?

Thanks guys :tank:

The beer will 'age' a lot faster in a warmer enviroment. I often keg my beers, purge, and leave at room temps until I'm ready for it....sometimes the kegs sit for months. Your brew will still age in the fridged but will take longer.

thanks hammy. will you just add a little CO2 and purge to get rid of any oxygen or leave some pressure in?

Back