Best books for extract brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myerstyson

Reaction score
OK, so maybe you're not ready for all grain. Maybe you like doing extract brews. Maybe you want to make some of your own recipes instead of buying pre-made kits.

How about we all give our recommendations for the best homebrew books for extract brewers, and why.

I'll start:

I like Clone Brews (AG recipes included for you All-Grainers), which we've discussed in this forum. My other favorite is Brewing Classic Styles by Jamil Zainasheff.

Now your turn. What's your favorite homebrew book for extract brewers?

My wife got me a great extract brew book (unfortunately I've gone all-grain, but she doesn't know the difference), http://www.amazon.com/dp/077880268X/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

The good thing is, there are 200 recipes that I can easily convert to AG. Also, this books includes many hop varieties, grains, malt and detailed explanations on what flavors/effects these have on a brew.

Gets very detailed in regards to extract brewing, but doesn't move on from it.

Good book for extract brewers in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely recommend The Complete Joy of Homebrewing byt Charlie Papazian for both AG and extract brewers. It is considered by many to be the home brewer's bible and has tons of great recipes. There is also wonderful insight into many different aspects of brewing beer broken down so anyone can understand.

-Jeff

Back