Best Beer Bar in NYC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a couple pints at the gingerman, and totally agast their raising their IPA prices and cutting to a 13 oz glass simultaneously. $8 for a 13 oz pour. Ridiculous... If this sticks, I'll find a new bar.

Airborneguy said:
Hey Sprocketmaker, if you are still there, check out my friends tonight with the Brewing As Art project. They should be underway by now.

Sorry airborneguy... Bailed out while they were setting up... But did hold the door for them several times while bringing their rig in... Wish em luck tonight!

We dropped close to $200 there Sunday nite. Sean was good to us regarding tastes. My son Josh and I like dropping in on our beer seeking visits to NY. Brooklyn Brewery was sweet Friday nite. Also stopped at Barcade, Stout, Manchester and another one or two that I can't recall.

To add to this thread, I just hit Burp Castle the other night for the first time. It was a short stay (3 beers), because we had dinner reservations on the other side of the city, but it was worth it. They had about 10 taps, mostly Belgians, but also a few domestic beers that aren't commonly available in my area.

It is a really quirky place by the way. When we walked in, it was just a few people reading books. The bar is TINY with barely enough room for the bartender to stand behind it. AWESOME murals on the walls, including a guy messing with a prostitute who really looked like my father would if he was in the 1600's in Belgium (he would be messing with the girl too). When the crowd got a little larger - and louder - the bartender started their famous shussshing. Apparently, they like a quiet, respectful atmosphere.

Cool place.

Subscribed. Living in CA for now but central jersey is still home to me, great to hear about some of these places that are just a short trip on the NJT away.

Latest posts

Back