Berry Wine - Amazing fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinman2012

Reaction score
Friends of our really enjoy the Berry Blast wine that I make, I didn't realize that I was totally out until I went looking for a few bottles to give them only to find out that we we out...

I decided to fix that problem...lol, I went on a search for fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries but anything that I found was far too expensive until I remembered that one of our friends worked at a restaurant supply!

I bought 60 lbs of IQF fruit, 20 lbs each of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
I was expecting the fruit to be good, most frozen fruit is good, I wasn't expecting fruit of this quality, the fruit is really amazing.
Maybe it's the IQF process but this fruit was harvested at its peak, naturally sweet, the flavor and aroma are incredible, the best part is that I was able to get the fruit for just under $1.90 per lb!

My wife tasted the blueberries and asked me to pick up a 10 lb case to have for smoothies or to just snack on, the strawberries and raspberries are just as good, something tells me that I'm going to be buying a case of each.

We always talk about how we need to start with the best fruit or grapes in order to make a great wine, I think that we nailed it with the phenomenal fruit that I was able to get.

Haha.....I was talking to my restaurant owning friend yesterday about this very subject! We are going to hook up next week and visit the suppliers web site to check types and prices.

Awesome!
If you have the option to get IQF fruit, I'd choose that, even if it costs a little bit more.
On a side note - I've been craving the fruit! I may be buying more for our own consumption a lot sooner than I thought.
Good Luck to you!

Back