Berme PID controller + Fotek SSR - Any feedback?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libardinho

Cerveza Arenosa
Reaction score
Currently doing my AG batches using LPG. Thinking about making life easier, I'm looking to go the electric way. Found locally Berme PID controllers (Model REX C-100) and Fotek 40A SSR.

Any experience with these items? Found some threads were Fotek SSR are not recomemnded.

Currently doing my AG batches using LPG. Thinking about making life easier, I'm looking to go the electric way. Found locally Berme PID controllers (Model REX C-100) and Fotek 40A SSR.

Any experience with these items? Found some threads were Fotek SSR are not recomemnded.

Dont do it.. both the pid and ssr are clones of the RKC japan made rex c100 and the real fotek ssr which come from tiawain not china...

I have both of these...since I made the same mistake in the beginning.
the ssr are hit or miss but for a boil kettle you want manual pwn mode.. the cheapest good pid that does this as well as Fahrenheit readout is the MYPIN TD4 model pid they are like $25-30 shipped. and get a pt100 sensor with a quick disconnect they are around $15 bucks now on ebay. the mager brand pids on ebay are the best bang for the buck, cheap and reliable.. they are the same ssrs that aubrins and ebrew supply rebrand and markup for more $

Back