Bell's two hearted yeast really took off!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone else having poor flocculation with their harvested yeast? mine just won't clear up. I'm going to use some gelatin tonight before I keg.

I only cold crashed for a couple days, then right to the keg. After a week it's fairly clear, but I don't worry about a little haze. Usually my kegged brews take a couple of weeks to clear up completely.

anyone else having poor flocculation with their harvested yeast? mine just won't clear up. I'm going to use some gelatin tonight before I keg.

As soon as I racked to secondary to dry hop it dropped clear almost overnight. It was totally bizarre. It was pretty hazy in primary though.

I just harvested yeast for the first time last week. I used two bottles of Bell's Pale Ale and three steps (500ml, 900ml, 1,800ml). Stuff went crazy on the stir plate. Decanted and pitched into a THA clone on Wednesday and it took off in just a few hours. Really looking forward to the final product.

I just harvested yeast for the first time last week. I used two bottles of Bell's Pale Ale and three steps (500ml, 900ml, 1,800ml). Stuff went crazy on the stir plate. Decanted and pitched into a THA clone on Wednesday and it took off in just a few hours. Really looking forward to the final product.

Willing to bet you'll be happy.:mug:

This yeast seems to attenuate just right for my taste...not too dry, not too sweet. Nice and crisp that really lets the hop, and malt flavors come through. It does seem to have it's own flavor profile that gives it that little something extra I don't get with other yeasts.

Back