Belgian Yeast - Summer Ale Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

permo

Reaction score
So I have this raging starter of cultured chimay yeast ready to chew threw some maltose and simple sugars........tripel or Belgian blonde is the easy way out.....I am thinking of making an interesting, quaffable, moderately hoppy lawnmower beer with this yeast.....

Pale Malt Base
aromatic
biscuit
munich
C20
sugar
Get the OG up to around 1.055-1.060
Mash 149
%7.5 sugar

Now I am thinking about hopping this like an American Pale Ale...with Bittering addition of cluster, and finishing with large whirlpool doses of sterling and centennial...maybe 35 IBU. Fermenting this beer warm, starting at 65 and getting it up into the low 80s as it finishes out.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

I just did the can you brew it terrapin rye pale ale clone on the forums splitting the batch with the recommended yeast and 510 (supposedly similar to Orval) the 510 version turned out very well so you may want to check that recipe out. I did skip the dry hops on the 510 version as the yeast have it plenty of character.

Back