Beersmith language

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHebert

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a recipe on Beersmith. Most of the grains are in a foreign language. Looks like German. Everything else is in English. Anybody know what to do?

Are you saying something like 'Munich' Malt is written in German?

Have you imported an ingredients list or something recently?

The only option I can find to change language is to select a different Style Guide under Tools, Options, Brewing.

I have that too. The description is in German for some of the German malts and French for some of the Belgian malts I believe. You could try google translate.

Not sure it is German. I would hate to spend the next year learning German and it turns out to be Dutch.

That's a good point, I guess you'll have to learn all the languages with a Latin alphabet just to be safe. Put down that beer and get crackin'!

Castle malting it is in Dutch I believe.

My Castle malts shows as CHÂTEAU XXXXX, in all caps. Mostly in French spelling, no Dutch (e.g., CHOCOLAT, NATURE).

I HATE ALL CAPS! They also sort before lower case <ugh>.

The whole naming scheme in BS is a royal mess.
Waiting for BS X to get released. (10 that is).

Added:
Just browsing through the descriptions, the only ones that are strange are these:
10 of my Castle malts' descriptions show in Swedish (not Dutch). The origin of those is listed as Belgien.

Last edited:
Back