BeerSmith 2 Vessel Profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figgy15

Reaction score
Hello my fellow brewers.

I just recently updated my equipment to a full electric system. Here's my issue...I can't figure out how to set my new equipment profile in beersmith to give me correct water volumes. My new system is as follows (I've attached a pic of my setup):

2 Vessel System:
1 15gallon HLT/Boil Keggle with a 5500W heating element.
1 15gallon Mash Tun (Spike SS Kettle)
2 pumps

I heat up the full vol of water in the HLT then transfer the needed strike water to the mash tun. I let it settle for about 10 mins to let the grain bed form, then I start my full 60 min re-circulation using the element in my HLT/Boil keggle to heat of liquid.

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the correct profile for this setup. I've used beersmith since I started brewing 4 years ago but I admit I probably only use 50% of the total program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 109
You are doing a full volume no sparge mash. The easiest is to set up a single BIAB profile with total volume of both vessels. But your pre boil wort volume should not exceed your BK volume.

You are doing a full volume no sparge mash. The easiest is to set up a single BIAB profile with total volume of both vessels. But your pre boil wort volume should not exceed your BK volume.

That's a great idea! Thank you!

If you use a BIAB profile, BS will use the BIAB setting for grain absorption rate, which, by default, is much lower than the traditional grain absorption rate. Either adjust that value in preferences, advanced, or use a non-BIAB profile.

Back