Beer Survey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil_mac14

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm in my senior year at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, and I'm currently working on my senior thesis project.

For my project, I am designing branding, packaging, and labeling for home brewed beer, along with designing "building plans" for a brew pub. I made up this really quick survey to kick off my research phase and would greatly appreciate if you guys could fill it out for me. It's in regards to branding and labeling, along with what kind of beer drinker you are. Anyone can fill out this survey, and it would really help my project if a lot of people fill it out. And pass it on if you can.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BTKRZWS

I'll be posting a couple more surveys later as my research continues, that way I can narrow down my design direction.

As a side note in relation to my project, if there are any brewers in Mass that would be willing to be interviewed by me, let me know. I'm looking to interview a wide variety of beer drinkers, along with home brewers, so if you're brewing in Ma (or anywhere for that matter) and I can ask you a few questions let me know. It'd be nice to get in person interviews, but interviews through PM would work also.

Any other comments or suggestions or questions you guys have just let me know!

Thanks in advance guys!

_craig_

Completed. Good luck! Be sure to post your results back here, if possible. If there's anything homebrewers love more than good beer, it's good data.

Thanks all, I'll be sure to post back all my results and keep everyone updated as to the status of my project. (that's if you all want to hear it)

I've been enjoying brewing so far, it's an awesome hobby and such a rewarding experience. If any of you more experienced brewers out there are willing to be interviewed (either in person, or through email/pm) please let me know and we can talk more.

Thanks again!

_craig_

Done.

I think you should have asked age and gender... that's important when figuring out who your target market is for a particular product ;)

Done.

I think you should have asked age and gender... that's important when figuring out who your target market is for a particular product ;)

For this particular portion of the surveying, age is not important. But in upcoming research, age will be taken into consideration. But thank you for bringing this up, very good point!

_craig_

Done. And I agree with EllisTX, I wish the ingredients were on the packaging. But I understand why they're not in some cases, e.g. Arrogant Bastard, it's part of the mystique.

Boom! Done. I wish the beer's recipe would be on every bottle.

I'd be happy just knowing what hops go into a given beer. I don't need to know the nitty gritty of the hop schedule, rather simply what are the major players so I don't have to seek the Google and find a best guess.

Question 3 asks about the influence of back story, but most of the suggested answers were actually marketing related.

Did you mean back story as history, or as the way the beer is marketed?

I do buy beer on it's history; I don't buy it on marketing.

Hey all! Thanks so much for all the great responses, I have so much to sift through and a lot of great recommendations and comments! You guys are great!

I have another survey, this will most likely be the last one. It's slightly different from the last one. This one is targeting peoples views on bars, pubs, and taverns...peoples locals and go to's...and their reasoning behind going to such places.

I know the questions may seem weird, but its just for me to analyze and decipher to help me build a stronger project.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/95BWH7T

As a side note, I'll be sending a few of you guys private messages to discuss in further details certain aspects of this project.

Thanks all!

_craig_

That's what I put down too. I'm guessing the whole survey is going to be heavily skewed if you don't have a good sample of non-homebrewers taking part in it. I'd be willing to bet we look for different things than the average beer consumer.

EDIT: Answered the new survey too.

Try Southern Tier's brews. Their bomber list everything from kettle hops, hopback and dryhops, to the grain bill. Can't say I found these beers to be great but I thought it was fantastic marketing.

Also gave the second survey a go...

Back