Beer smith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdochughes

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Is there a way to change all of the pricing on a particular item in beer smith at one time? For instance, all of my yeast profiles are set to $6.00 a pack. I would like to change them all to 7 without going through individually and changing them.

Cheers, Beers!

I don't know about changing them in bulk from the program, but you could open the file Yeast.bsmx (located in whatever directory BeerSmith runs from) with a text editor, then do a search and replace of all the Price entry lines, eg.

Replace "<F_Y_PRICE>6.0000000</F_Y_PRICE>"

with "<F_Y_PRICE>7.0000000</F_Y_PRICE>"

I'd be interested in that too. I want to change all my yeast costs to $1.

It's not really a big deal to do it individually. After all, how many yeasts do you have?

Learn how to re-use yeast, and it will save a lot.

Yes you can change cost for a range of ingredients. In the Ingredients tab, you pick which ingredient (example Yeast) and then highlight the range of items you want to change with "shift-click". Then click the "Set Price" button and a dialog box appears where you can globally set the price for that range of items.

Back