Beer related items for tattoo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmarshall

Reaction score
Kind of thinking that I want tot get a beer themed tattoo.... Looking for some ideas of what I could put on it.. Thinking about some hops, maybe some grains, and open to suggestions. Not really sure if I will get this tattoo or not, but I'm certainly interested.

Please, no comments on why you think tattoos are stupid.

I plan on having the upper half of my left arm turned into a half sleeve of beer related stuff. Lots of cool logos, and then probably have grain filling in the lower part and hop bines growing up and filling in the top part.

I am planning to have the tattoo on my left arm covered with hop bines. Almost as if the hops had taken over and covered that part of my life (which is literally what has happened).

I am also wanting to get the Great Divide Yeti somewhere. Not exactly what you were looking for, but I think it would be a cool tattoo.

get a tatoo of yourself giving the thumbs up and drinking a beer with a grin on your face, and put under it "name" likes beer!

In all seriousness though that's pretty cool you want to do that. I personally come up with an idea for a tatoo and then a couple months later decide I don't want it.

Maybe a piece with a bunch of grain bags and hops arranged in a bed like format that are holding up a glass of beer with a nice foamy head.

If you want more of a homebrew theme then you could throw some equipment in there too.

Get a tattoo of an infection...down there.

I know a girl who could do the work on that one:smack:

Hop bines, paddles, pre-harvest barley, beer mugs, kegs, bottles, full brewing systems...the toughest part of it all is to put it together in an appealing way because there is plenty to work with.

Maybe have your favorite recipe inked on your forearm so you always have it with you.

Love this idea. I would stay away from commercial logos because I think that would be cheesy. Plus you never know what might happen in the future. Maybe AB/InBev makes DFH an offer he cant refuse and the resulting beer goes to ****. Now you got a tattoo of ****ty beer. Id stick with hops, barley, mash paddles, maybe a custom logo for your home brewery.

A Google image search for beer tattoo will give some ideas of what to do and TONS of ideas of what NOT to do.

I'm a big fan of the torn skin type tattoos that appear to show what is under the skin or things coming out of the skin. Maybe some hop bines growing out of you somewhere. Image search torn skin tattoo and you'll find some pretty cool stuff.

Love this idea. I would stay away from commercial logos because I think that would be cheesy. Plus you never know what might happen in the future. Maybe AB/InBev makes DFH an offer he cant refuse and the resulting beer goes to ****. Now you got a tattoo of ****ty beer. Id stick with hops, barley, mash paddles, maybe a custom logo for your home brewery.

In general, you make a good point. That being said, the Stone gargoyle logo would be a good one since it doesn't include the brewery name.

Keeping it simple..

Just a large plain red heart shape with the word "BEER" inked in the middle

Much like those classic "MOM" Heart tattoos from years ago

Here's a fancy one with an arrow

http://www.tattoostime.com/images/260/beer-heart-pierced-with-arrow-tattoo-design.jpg

Something like this?

nav-bg.png

Back