Beer POI for TomTom?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
I noticed that on TomTom's website there is a few POI that you can download, Dunkin Donuts, Shopping, Hospitals, Police, Fire Houses, etc.

Is there a way we could come up with a Bunch of these locations to add to a POI (point of interest) category for HomeBrew Suppliers, etc.? Rather than save them as individual favorites and take up all of TomTom's memory, i'd like to save them as a POI so that way they don't take up all of my favorites....

I figured we could just start posting locations and I'll try to program them into a POI category to see if it can't be made into a downloadable format for Homebrewers everywhere...

any thoughts? good or bad?

Sounds like a cool idea. I don't have a portable GPS personally, but I could see how this would be neat with homebrew suppliers, beer-pubs, etc...

Go for it!! I have a Tom Tom and would love to be able to bring up in one list all of the local homebrew supply stores and any good microbrew restaurants.

Here are some local suppliers by me.

Brew & Grow
285 Janacek Road, Brookfield, WI 53045 - Phone: (262) 789-0555

Brew City Supplies
14835 West Lisbon Road, Brookfield, WI 53005 - Phone: (262) 783-5233

Cedarburg Homebrew & Wine
W62N590 Washington Avenue, Cedarburg, WI 53012 - Phone: (262) 377-1838

Riverside Liquor Party Store
Highway US 2, Florence, WI 54121 - Phone: (715) 696-3600

The Frugal Homebrewer
8008 West National Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53214 - Phone: (414) 257-9463

The Purple Foot
3167 South 92nd Street, Milwaukee, WI 53227 - Phone: (414) 327-2130

Vent-Matic Company Inc.
N30W23789 Green Road, Pewaukee, WI 53072 - Phone: (262) 695-8981

Frugal Home Brewer
238 West Broadway, Waukesha, WI 53186 - Phone: (262) 544-0894

The Pantry and Homebrewing Depot
7215 West North Avevue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213 - Phone: (414) 778-0781

*bump*

I copied all the listing from the AHA website, so the majority of the LHBS are now available... I will be plugging them into the system and hopefully we'll get a POI package together of suppliers.

I know this is an old post but if you read this thread there is a craft beer brewery POI file as part of it. I made some additions / corrections. We won't leave home without in in my GPS !! I've used it in a 720, 920 and now a xxl540.

http://www.tomtomforums.com/t8456-brewers-association-brewerly-list.html

I'd sell that tomtom while you can still get something for it. The world has moved to smart phones, and they replace the tomtom quite well.

The android phones have a free talking nav app that is excellent; iOS needs to get with it, their app is decent but does not talk.

If you are surprised how fast the future becomes the present, just look how fast the present becomes obsolete.

I'd sell that tomtom while you can still get something for it. The world has moved to smart phones, and they replace the tomtom quite well.

The android phones have a free talking nav app that is excellent; iOS needs to get with it, their app is decent but does not talk.

If you are surprised how fast the future becomes the present, just look how fast the present becomes obsolete.

It would replace it assuming you had a smart phone. I'm still cell phone less and want to keep it that way so I'll keep the GPS. :mug:

It would replace it assuming you had a smart phone. I'm still cell phone less and want to keep it that way so I'll keep the GPS. :mug:

Yea, a lot of times I wish I didn't have a cell.

I remember buying a film-based SLR when digital cameras were still in their infancy. A year later I bought a digital, and I have not used that SLR one time since. Another year later I couldn't get $100 for it.

Latest posts

Back