Beer on Chopped tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boondocksaint

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For any other interested food geeks...

All the baskets on Chopped (Food Network) tonight feature beer. And the founder/CEO of Stone Brewing is a guest judge...Pretty cool:mug:

I've seen some on amazon and it has sat in my wishlist for a little while. Never thought of using them for cooking.

Same here, think I might have a shopping spree coming on soon. Especially waiting to see the desert round.

Bourbon beer on top of it... "Build it and he will come". I think we just saw a bit of heaven, or Iowa there.

I have to check around here. With as many micro-breweries and cheese places in Vermont there has to be something here.

Watching it on dvr now. Did anybody else notice the wing capper being used to "open" a bottle during the opening sequence? It was fast but I thought "something's not right there." Sure enough, stock footage of someone capping a bottle, played backward, complete with "pfft" sound effect!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Never heard of Hop Drops candy but will be cruising Amazon for some at the next commercial break!

If this is hops flavored hard candy, it's pretty terrible. I love my hops and all, but all alone with nothing else to compliment it was inedible. Spit it out after about 20 seconds.

If this is hops flavored hard candy, it's pretty terrible. I love my hops and all, but all alone with nothing else to compliment it was inedible. Spit it out after about 20 seconds.

I didn't think it was that bad, but I still have an entire bag minus two pieces.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Home Brew mobile app

Hey GrumpySquirrel,

If the candy was mine, sorry, it's not for everybody. The hop drops/beer taffy maker was a customer of mine when I got started and took the idea for his own shortly after this article was printed. His product has bitterness added:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/dining/for-dad-candy-made-from-beer.html?_r=0

Pike brewing in Seattle has hop candy and its pretty much sucking on a sweet hop. Cool for the novelty factor but I wanted to release all the delicious beer I just had so it had to go.

Back