beer of the month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
I saw somewhere a website had a beer of the month club for like 30 bucks... cant remember where or who, but has anyone heard of that and if so, have they done it... sounded like a good deal

I have had bad experiences with beer of the month and with cigar of the month. They both provided terrible product.

fruit of the month, however, was awesome!

My wife (gf at the time) got me 4 months of it for my birthday once. Its 3 bottles of 4 different types of beer, mostly micro-brews. Come strait to your front door every month. Some of them were pretty good, some of them were g-d awful. Not sure it's worth the price.

My wife (gf at the time) got me 4 months of it for my birthday once. Its 3 bottles of 4 different types of beer, mostly micro-brews. Come strait to your front door every month. Some of them were pretty good, some of them were g-d awful. Not sure it's worth the price.

This sounds about what my in-laws got me for Christmas this year. It can be real hit and miss. The one I've got is usually two different microbrews with two different beers from each. I've had a few decent beers from some micros out east that I probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but they weren't anything spectacular. I'd say so far its been about 20% beers that I'd buy again, 50% that were alright and I'd drink but probably wouldn't buy, and 30% that wound sitting around in the fridge until I could pawn them off on an unsuspecting guest :).

I think I'd rather go out to the store and buy the beer I wanted than depend on what they were sending me. Of course, its a good gift idea if you want to avoid something you won't use anyways!

A local liquor store in Northern Indiana has a beer club...I have been apart of it for 1 1/2 yrs, for 15 bucks I get 5 12oz craft brews from different breweries, and 1 22oz bottle with info on each

I've found the liquor stores around here that carry some 'exotic' stuff, at least for Nebraska.
This would be a good thread to rate 'beer of the month' clubs though.

i have thought about doing this myself, i wonder if its all extract kits with specialty grains, or if you can do it all grain, don't matter to me. i would like to just do a different one every month. that would be cool. good way to always have one in the fermenter, and some bottled or kegged

From Midwest's site:

These are the kits you will receive at the beginning of each month:

* January - Superior Strong Ale
* February - Excelsior Altbier
* March - Octane IPA
* April - English Bitter
* May - Honey Wheat
* June - Liberty Cream ALe
* July - California Steam
* August - Autumn Amber Ale
* September - Smooth Nut Brown Ale
* October - Big Ben's Pale Ale
* November - Cream Stout
* December - Midwest Porter

This is for the All Ale Club

SWMBO bought me this for Xmas drinking Superior Strong Ale, eh its ok th porter was better. waiting on Excelsior Altbier & Octane IPA in to finish. i like it, helps me try things i probably wouldn't try

Ah, so its a brew-kit of the month club! Here's the website from Midwest, because I had to go check it out. Not sure which sounds better, the Lager and Ale or All-Ale, assuming you've got the ability to lager. I'd much prefer that over the beer-of-the-month microbrew batch I get! Although, it sounds like by buying the monthly kit it works out to one free kit over the course of the 12 months. If there were two kits on the list that you probably wouldn't buy, it'd likely be cheaper to buy the kits yourself. However, I know from time to time I get busy and could use something like this to remind me to get a brew going to keep my pipeline up!

Back