Beer name needed - can you help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sch21c

Reaction score
I brewed a Peanut Butter Cup milk stout that came out really good (I surprised myself with how good it came out). Bottled it yesterday and I like to put labels on the beer I bottle.

Since my "brewery" is Main Stage Brewery, and I'm a big music geek, I try to give musically themed names to most of my beers (the only exceptions have been the "initial" beers; IPA, ESB).

For example, the last beer I brewed before this one was a Tangerine Blond Ale, and I named the beer "Thousand Years Between" from the lyrics to Led Zeppelin's "Tangerine".

The problem I'm having is coming up with a lyrical/musical related name that somehow references/incorporates "Peanut Butter Cup" or "Peanut Butter & Chocolate" in some way. So, I figured I'd turn to the best homebrew community around for some help.

As an added bonus, if I use the name you suggest, I'll ship a couple of bottles to you.

So, come on, help a homebrewer with musical writer's block out! :ban: :rockin:

I found lyrics.net and see that you can search on a bunch of different words at once and get interesting results. I looked at peanut butter or ground nuts and chocolate and these are two other results that I got.

Hard to come up with a classic rock tune that mixes them up but there is the Deee-Lite song:
Stay in Bed, Forget the Rest.
But if it is really that good, then it really is that good.

Another one is a Cool Moe Dee song called "Candy" making it "chunky but funky".

either way take a look at that site for inspiration I was finding a bunch of songs I had forgotten.

Cheers!

The only song that comes to mind is "Build me up buttercup", by The Foundations.

Not sure how you would spin a name off of that, maybe Don't break my heart Stout, sorry that is all I got man.

"Pay the Mini-Mart", which comes from Jimmy Buffett's song Peanut Butter Conspiracy

"Poseidon And The Bitter Bug" - Album by Indigo Girls. Lryic: I fell for guys who tried to commit suicide, With soft rock hair and blood shot eyes. He tastes like Marlboro cigarettes, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups,
A Pepsi in his hand, getting off the school bus. Films and drills and safety illustrations The crushed cars of driver education

Only thing I could think of with peanut butter cups, and bitter is in the title.

Thanks for the ideas. Right now it's between NOFX and Marcy Playground. I had been thinking of the NOFX song before, but thought it might be too straightforward. :)

Don't worry pointcity-homebrew, if I go with that you'll get the bottles. :mug:

Going to make a decision this afternoon with my daughter (another big music geek) and let you guys know. Unless anyone else has any more ideas.....

Radio Station Stout - Its from the Run DMC song "Radio Station" where he says:
"Pickin' up the pieces, nephews and nieces
Chocolate in a peanut butter cup, called Reese's"

After much deliberation and review, the winner is Main Stage You Put Your Chocolate In My Peanut Butter Stout!

pointcity-homebrew, PM me your address and I'll ship a couple of bottles out.

Back