Beer line tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieDamo

Reaction score
Hi gents and gentettes!

Was wondering if one of you learned fellows might be able to give some advice.

I am installing a new custom growler set up at work and as such there are a few non-conventional things to workshop along the way.

I have set up all the gas and beer lines from my keg room and fixed them all to the wall of the space where the pouring will be done. I've used foodgrade 6mm flexible Flexmaster tubing. As the lines will be running along the wall and lead into detachable Counter Pressure filling guns I want to find some tubing that is a touch more flexible as they will be coming off the wall at right angles and will need to have quite a bit of give in them to be moved around freely room to fill and be sat in there racks when done.

Thus I was wondering if anybody might be able to point me in the direction of some more flexible, non kinking tubing that might suit? I wanted to get some spiralled hose sorta stuff to avoid the kinking and aesthetics. Think it would look good and get the job done really well.

Anybody know of any foodgrade tubing like such?

Pneumatic-TPU-Tube-Polyurethane-Hose.jpg

Now before people jump in, I know the pic is of compressed air hose. Just to demonstrate what I'm after.

Cheers!

Sorry gents, just wondering if somebody could clarify for me if the tubing is food grade. It will be used in a commercial capacity so I need to make sure I won't be poisoning customers or having a plastic-y taste imparted on the beer.

Cheers

I believe NSF61 is for potable drinking water, and NSF51 is for food and beverage.

I do not know if beer will react with the polyurethane resin, leaching plastic flavors or flavor transfer. Check with the factory. You can always order samples.

LLDPE (polyethylene) resin is NSF51
http://www.freelin-wade.com/polyethylene-tubing-polyethylene-tubing-c-1_7_8-l-en.html

There may be tubing out there that is both NSF51 and NSF61.

Back