Beer Gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxedinco

Reaction score
Ok so I am thinking of getting a beer gun to bottle with. My question is do I xfer the beer to the keg add the priming sugar then use the gun to bottle and let it carbonate that way or do I xfer the beer to the keg force carb then use the gun to bottle?

The beer gun is meant to transfer carbonated beer to bottles. In your first scenario, you're transferring uncarbed beer that has priming sugar added. There is no need to use the beer gun doing it that way.

The beer gun is meant to transfer carbonated beer to bottles. In your first scenario, you're transferring uncarbed beer that has priming sugar added. There is no need to use the beer gun doing it that way.
Is there any noticeable difference between force carbing the beer or letting it carb in the bottles with sugar?

You can try with a poor-man's beer gun. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun.24678/

I do it slightly differently; I put a piece of tubing over the bottling wand and that fits snugly over the picnic tap.

stopperfiller.jpg

Is there any noticeable difference between force carbing the beer or letting it carb in the bottles with sugar?
I've never personally used the beer gun so I don't know about force carbed beer in bottles. That being said I do keg so I can compare natural carbed bottles with a kegged pour and think the naturally carbed bubbles are a little bit smaller so the head can seem creamier and I feel like the head tends to last longer than a forced carbed beer. It terms of carbonation perception in the beer, I haven't noticed a difference.

Ok so I am thinking of getting a beer gun to bottle with. My question is do I xfer the beer to the keg add the priming sugar then use the gun to bottle and let it carbonate that way or do I xfer the beer to the keg force carb then use the gun to bottle?

Either way will work. Normally, you'd carb in the keg (force or add sugar) and then use the beer gun to transfer into bottles. But there's nothing stopping you from using it to transfer non-carbonated beer. The beer gun is hooked up the same either way.

I was looking into the same thing, and found some great posts on here about making your own. I did mine yesterday and I can say that it works fantastic! Mine looks like Mongoose's except that there's a basketball needle in there for venting. I'm actually drinking one at my desk that I poured from my keg yesterday and I'm super happy with it.

Back