Beer Gas Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmo Peach

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to HB talks and enjoy reading the post it seem there is some good info here so maybe someone can advise me.

I bought a cansiter fo beer gas on Kijji for $40 When I got it home it says Beer Gas Stout NOS 10-50c I am new to using a keg. Two months ago I bought a keggerator on Kikki for $350 included were a Corny keg, tap and CO2 cansiter half full/. Works great I took it to the guys at Toronto Brewing who wieghed the tank and said it was about !/2 full The reg was on it and they did not want to take it off just to wiegh it. they said to wait until it was empty before swapping for a full tank (I think$20). So when I saw beer gas tank full for $40 I bought it. The guy I got it from said it was delvered to his house when his wife was home and the guy who delivered it didn't hook it up and it wodl not fit his reg. The comp[any he got it from went out of business so he just wanted it gone.

My qestion is do I have to have a different regulator for this tank. Now do i have to make a stout to go with gas : )

Yes, you need a Nitrogen regulator to use for Nitrogen and Beer Gas.
Beer Gas is a mixture of Nitrogen and CO2.

Here's some info on how a CO2 regulator is different from a Nitrogen one:
https://www.thebeveragepeople.com/how-to/beer/articles/nitrogenate-your-homebrew.html
Moderator's note:
Please [Edit] your post(s) to make them comprehensible. The above is full of grammatical errors and typos, and very hard to read/understand.
We expect our members to post legible content.

ohh, just thought. you need to pressurize to a higher pressure, then use a special tap that forces the co2 out of solution to use beer gas, unless you're serving from the basement to the second floor or something...

Back