Beer for July/August?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jupp24

Reaction score
My first kid is due at the end of July. Does anyone know of a traditional seasonal beer that I could brew to celebrate?
Thanks...

Haha!! Another cheesehead from High Life land!

Dude, you have to brew a High Life clone!!! It is the new baby's destiny!!!

Congrats on the babe....and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the kid, and I vote for a pilsener. I've personally always liked them in warm weather, although I admit lagering woul be a problem in the summer without refridgeration.

Congrats,

I'd go for a somewhat stronger lager to celebrate the baby. Maybe a Helles Bock would be nice in the summer. If you have the ability to lager, you will have enough time and it will definately help the beer.

Kai

Very Un-Dude said:
... Dude, you have to brew a High Life clone!!! It is the new baby's destiny!!!...
Don't listen to him!;) Go with something light in color (it is July afterall), but flavorful! Maybe an IPA? Upgrade from High Life to a better local (for you) brew: shoot for a Sprecher IPA!

My 2 centavos.

Kaiser said:
Congrats,

I'd go for a somewhat stronger lager to celebrate the baby. Maybe a Helles Bock would be nice in the summer. If you have the ability to lager, you will have enough time and it will definately help the beer.

Kai
Or maybe a weizenbock if you can't lager...strong dunkel. That's my next plan.

For me, either a strong Amercian Wheat, or a Pilsner. Something nice and crisp for the end of summer. The Weizenbock sounds good as well!

jupp24 said:
My first kid is due at the end of July. Does anyone know of a traditional seasonal beer that I could brew to celebrate?
Thanks...
Last summer I brewed a decent American Pale Ale. It is light and smooth and is perfect for those hot summer evenings.

Tony said:
For me, either a strong Amercian Wheat, or a Pilsner. Something nice and crisp for the end of summer. The Weizenbock sounds good as well!
End of summer? Oh my... I need to get through winter still!

Congratulations jupp24! A toast to a healthy happy baby! :mug:

Congratulations
you'll need a beer that allows you to remain alert and attentive as well as give you the strength to stay up all night! I haven't found one yet but I'll keep looking.

More Milwaukee boys:mug:

If you go to the LHBS on 80th and National I recomend their Millwaukee Amber, if ya want to ramp that one up a bit for celebrating drop in some extra extra pale DME or asome honey. Here's a link for ya they have recipies in promash format or click the Online Catalog listing.

http://www.frugalwestallis.com/recipes.php

BTW that amber would be great for the Lakefront Fireworks on the 3rd of July too:tank:

Congrats on the new arrival. I don't know about the rest of this bunch, but the last thing I want on a hot July/August day is a real heavy or high ABV brew. I'd make something of a lighter fare, like an English mild, or maybe a light wiezen with some ginger or other spice. I like my big beers too, but not on a hot day.
Again, congrats. Before you know it, you'll be teaching him/her how to brew!

congrats on reproducing!

I was mulling over what I want to have in the summer for hot days, and I think I am going to go with a Belgian Wit... the light citrus flare should be refreshing in the heat.

-walker

Congrads! Children are awesome. Hard work but awesome.

Whatever you make, be sure you make plenty, cuz I got a feeling your going be tied up with some other responsibilities for a little while.:mug:

Congratulations on your new baby!

I second Pumbaa's suggestion. The Milwaukee Amber Ale recipe at the Frugal Homebrewer on National is a real pleaser and would go good in summer.

Another suggestion I would make is to do a kolsch. You make it as an ale, but if you do it now and let it age in the bottles by July it will taste a lot like a German lager.

Latest posts

Back