BEER for food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could for a while. I wouldnt recommend a beer fast though. Maybe a live juice fast. Because it cleanses your organs and rejuvenates you better. Although just not eating and digesting food itself for a while still helps kick your immune system into overdrive. Vitamins are helpfull but really only enhance diet. Im shure there were people that had to live off beer for a while to survive, but eventually you need some protein and other essential nutrients and maybe that meant like eating your friend or something or whatever else you could conjure up?:cross:

That said, Ive substituted beer for food quite often in my days. And Ill blame that on for starting homebrewing the last 3 years.

The healthiest diet is VARIED. A new fruit or vegetable every day would be the healthiest thing you could do.

Someone that ate steak, and only steak would eventually starve to death, and steak has a lot more to it than beer.

I bet you could live on beer and insects for years! There is more protein in some insects (like grubs, locusts, etc) per ounce then in beef liver.

The healthiest diet is VARIED. A new fruit or vegetable every day would be the healthiest thing you could do.

Someone that ate steak, and only steak would eventually starve to death, and steak has a lot more to it than beer.

Which is why I said cow, not steak. Cows eat a variety of green things, so I guess we're saying the same thing.

I feed spent grains to the cows, which I then drink the milk and eat the resulting beef. This is washed down with beer, so I am on board with the beer/cow diet.
Protein, carbs, fats.

Sounds like a pretty complete diet to me!
Lol

Back