Beer flights

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt2778

Reaction score
Finally got around to building my beer flights and flight rack. Took me a bit figure out a design that I was happy with. I never liked the paddle boards as I felt the sampler glasses needed to be contained rather than sitting on a tray. After searching out various sampler glasses I ended up with this drop in setup.

I used both white and red oak that was left over from the brewery/basement build and went with half blind dovetails for the joinery. The white oak for the tops and red for the sides to add a little contrast to the dovetails.

I also needed a way to store and display the flights so I came up with a slot wall rack system. I had a few scraps remaining from a previous project so simply sanded, painted and trimmed a section to match the existing basement colors. I works pretty well, though I did have to do some cutting and grinding to the slot wall hooks I had.

image.jpg

Back