Beer Flight w/ Style Appropriate Glasses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htc

Reaction score
I've seen many beer flights, but all have the same boring identical glasses despite the variety of their contents. I would love to offer my beers in a flight of glasses offering some degree of appropriate shape. I realize that by shrinking the glassware the shape might become less effective but I feel that what it would lack in efficacy it would more than make up for in eye candy.
A flight with a Pilsner Flute, Mini English Pint, Chalice, Thistle or Tulip, Wheat Glass and Snifter would be awesome!:rockin:

Have you ever seen such a thing?
Would I have to contact a glass blower and pay out the wazoo for a set?

I've seen many beer flights, but all have the same boring identical glasses despite the variety of their contents. I would love to offer my beers in a flight of glasses offering some degree of appropriate shape. I realize that by shrinking the glassware the shape might become less effective but I feel that what it would lack in efficacy it would more than make up for in eye candy.
A flight with a Pilsner Flute, Mini English Pint, Chalice, Thistle or Tulip, Wheat Glass and Snifter would be awesome!:rockin:

I'm a glass blower ;)
If I understand what your asking for it wouldent cost you that much!

htc said:

I think it's a cute/novel idea, though strictly for looks. Glassware truly has minimal effect on most other elements, IMO... and based on a few "blind" experiments I've read about. Do it!!

I think that is a good idea really,It would give a nice visual experience and I bet alot of customers would ask what it was and would be curious.
Our brew Ha Ha, last year had small english pub style tasting glasses. Which seemed unusuall for a small style. I think those may have been a litle bigger than flight sampler glasses though.

I think it's a great idea, one of my favorite establishments takes the time to serve all their beer in the appropriate style glass and it's a really nice touch to their service:)

One or two of the breweries I've been to serve their sample flights in mini tulips, which I find to be the best compromise. Plus, they look cool.

Latest posts

Back