Beer Faucet sticky...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster

Reaction score
after 48hr of non-use...... should I replace it ? Its on a single tower kegerator....

Replace with a perlick faucet and you will not have any problems. This up a known problem for non-perlick taps.

Sent from the window of an airplane...

What do you mean replace? Just clean it a little.

I tried with one of those little brushes but still sticks after non-use....

I got the system used, just not sure if it is normal for it to be sticky...

So you have the standard bar taps - not perlicks? Can you take them apart, most have some seals or orings, little cleaning and some food grade lube would probably help

Agree with everyone here that perlicks help a ton. I can go weeks without pouring a beer and the faucet won't stick.

With your current faucet, you can spray the faucet with a spray bottle of starsan after your last beer of the night to help clean it out and remove most of the sticky sugars.

The best solution is to go to a perlick. I drink a beer every few days and my standard faucets were sticking. Went to perlick and not one issue. Plus, they seem to be more sanitary.

Pro tip: the perlick faucets seem to pour a bit faster, so you may have to use longer beer line to get the pour you want

Yes, it is NOT a perlick faucet - I will go and get one this week ! Thank you

Agree with everyone here that perlicks help a ton. I can go weeks without pouring a beer and the faucet won't stick.

With your current faucet, you can spray the faucet with a spray bottle of starsan after your last beer of the night to help clean it out and remove most of the sticky sugars.

Go weeks without pouring a beer? I don't understand this statement.

FOLLOWUP - I purchased one of the Perlick taps and love it ! Thanks for the suggestions.....

Back