Bayou Classic 44qt with camco element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baist111

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone on this site used a Bayou Classic 44qt stockpot with one of Kal's pre-assembled elements? I'm curious if it will fit, the inside diameter of the pot is 13.5 inches, and Kal's site says that it will fit anything larger than 13.5. I searched and found 1 post, but the guy welded a fitting and screwed the element to the fitting.

I use that stockpot with the element. The element is so long that it will actually barely touch the other side once installed. It's a tight fit and I have read that the element needs to have some space for liquid around it but I have used the set up about 10 times since I installed it with no problems at all.

Hope this helps.

I have the same pot and ended up having a 2" TC ferrule welded because a 5500W ripple element would not fit the diameter of this pot without the offset of the ferrule.

Thanks for the replies - I emailed Kal and although he didn't know if it would fit in the exact pot, he said that I could just bend the element if it didn't fit.

Back