Bavarian Hefeweizen water profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping the wort pH in the mid 5 range throughout most of the boil does help with DMS conversion and removal. Drop the pH at the end of the boil.

I have always enjoyed all of the beers I have made over the last 18 years. We tend to be biased about our own homebrews. But, the last few years have seen huge increases for me. The LODO techniques are largely sound brewing practices along with some steps to limit O2 exposure. It is just better process in the end imho. I do not know why there is such resistance by so many or a stigma.

As far as I my hefes now, they are bright, fruity, funky and have a great nose. I attribute this to the lower amount of O2 exposure that would have normally dulled these attributes. But, many like their beer at all stages, so one size does not fit all. It is up to everybody to experiment or pursue based upon their own interests.

Back