Bass Pro Shop Sale...inc Burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vnzjunk

Reaction score
Just got an email from Bass pro shops. They are having a $5 flat rate shipping sale with no minimum purchase. For anyone interested in a entry level burner they have their fish fry unit for $39. It sits low to the ground 18" off the ground and they say it is a 58,000 btu burner. Has nice gas flow flame adjustment. Comes with a 10qt aluminum fish fry pot and strainer pot and a 5" thermometer. Marked down from $49 to $39 plus the $5 shipping or pick up no shipping at a local BPS. I use this unit for 5 gallon batches no problem. I just use a different pot on it and save the fish pot for other cooking uses. I also make use of the thermometer.

Or check out their other outdoor cooking/fryers/pots and cooking accessories

http://goo.gl/1GKcw

I was going to say that 10QT is 2.5 gallons. Big enough to heat sparge water in for partial mash anyway. We have Gander Mountain around here,& they sell all the same products as well. And they have all kinds of outdoor cooking stuff,ingredients,etc. Another good place to shop for outdoor brewing supplies.

If not in a hurry every November Bass Pro has a decent turkey fryer set up for $40. Comes with a 7.5 gallon aluminum pot. I started with one. It works well. Even after upgrading to a larger Stainless pot I still use the burner.

I was going to say that 10QT is 2.5 gallons. Big enough to heat sparge water in for partial mash anyway. We have Gander Mountain around here,& they sell all the same products as well. And they have all kinds of outdoor cooking stuff,ingredients,etc. Another good place to shop for outdoor brewing supplies.

Agree. I don't use the pot for beer although could use it for sparge or partial. But it doesn't go to waste. I have done small shrimp boils and various stews, chiles and things like that in it. I don't get a chance to do many fish frys and don't really care for hot oil over open flame anyway. Anything with water is fine though and for small/medium batch cooking the included pot is fine. I didn't buy it with that in mind. They just came along for the ride. I was after the burner and the price was rite. :)

If not in a hurry every November Bass Pro has a decent turkey fryer set up for $40. Comes with a 7.5 gallon aluminum pot. I started with one. It works well. Even after upgrading to a larger Stainless pot I still use the burner.

That is exactly what I did. I added a 4 gallon stainless rite away and although it was fine for 2 1/2 gallon batches and for heating water and doing the grains it was obviously too small for the larger batches. Enter 7 and 10 gallon aluminum pots which work great.....all on the same original burner. I can see a burner upgrade to something with a higher pressure regulator and more substantial Btu output for windy and cold weather conditions but this inexpensive one serves the purpose now without a doubt. I don't plan on going over the present 5 gallon brewing anyhow so the needs really are kinda minimal. And the price is about as low as you could expect I would think.:tank:

Don't turkey fryers have an automatic shut-off timer? My nephew brews with one and he has to keep re-setting the timer so the burner doesn't go out in the middle of a boil.

Don't turkey fryers have an automatic shut-off timer? My nephew brews with one and he has to keep re-setting the timer so the burner doesn't go out in the middle of a boil.

You can get them either way so you might want to get one without the timer or search for some of the methods the guys have used to defeat the timer altogether.

Good Luck

I use a crescent wrench to keep my timer from moving. I just wedge it against the ground.

LovesIPA said:

All the propane turkey fryers sold in Canada are required to have those annoying timers... They're pretty easy to bypass, from what I understand.

http://www.canadianhomebrewers.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=989

Back