Banjo burner safety question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eryk4381

Reaction score
I just got a new banjo burner and it was lighting OK and functioning properly but the next few times I noticed the flame wasn't coming out of the her holes but flaming inside the tube part of the burner. With trying to be safe it seem scary as I don't want it to creep up the pipe and explode. Rather not die today. Is there any risk up it going up the hose and doing that when I have a regulator. Also what's the best way to fix it when it lights inside. I just closed the air valve all the way and that seems to work, just thought I would ask anyway .

I just got a new banjo burner and it was lighting OK and functioning properly but the next few times I noticed the flame wasn't coming out of the her holes but flaming inside the tube part of the burner. With trying to be safe it seem scary as I don't want it to creep up the pipe and explode. Rather not die today. Is there any risk up it going up the hose and doing that when I have a regulator. Also what's the best way to fix it when it lights inside. I just closed the air valve all the way and that seems to work, just thought I would ask anyway .

It won't ever explode, there's no oxygen in the line from the tank to the burner.

Back