Banjo Burner not burning properly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwomp313

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks or can let me know if I'm screwed. I have this banjo burner, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009JXYQ4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. Been using it for a couple years with no issue. Recently it was sitting outside in a snow storm in a spot where I thought it was safe but apparently the snow blew sideways that day. It had a good 2 inches on top of it before I realized. Ever since I haven't really used it and I've tried to light it a few different times and only about 3 or 4 of the little jets will stay on. When I run the grill lighter over the others they light but only while the grill lighter is hovering over them. I've been grilling with the propane tanks with no probs so I don't think it's that the tank is too cold. Any thoughts? Should I just order a new burner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you take the actual burner apart to clean it? It could be oxidation blocking orifice flow. Also you may have regulator problems. Sometimes water gets into the tiny vent hole on the back of the diaphram housing and freezes so it will not work correctly. Warming it up will correct that.

Take an airhose and blow out the burner. If it will stay partially lit, just let it burn for a while. You may have also messed with the air intake by accident.

Thanks guys I have it inside warming up ill try to light it later hopefully its as simple. Ran a skewer through the jets. If that doesn't help ill have to try the other suggestions

Well whatever I did worked...had to start low on the flame but after 5 or so minutes I was able to burn at full capacity. Thanks!

I have leaked water into my burners as I have some weldless fittings (Blickmann) that leak. When that happens, the burner do not work right until all the moisture is burned out.

Back