Ballington Kettles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadserious

Reaction score
I’ve been debating between Concord kettles and these Ballington kettles. I’ve seen in person the Concord and they make nice kettles. But has anyone seen or used Ballington? I’d like to hear thoughts on these before I make a purchase.
IMG_4120.jpg

Wow... Awesome price for thst size of stainless steel pot. I have zero experience with the brand though.

I have a 15 gallon keggle. I love this size. I’m sure you will too. Good price also.

I’ve been debating between Concord kettles and these Ballington kettles. I’ve seen in person the Concord and they make nice kettles. But has anyone seen or used Ballington? I’d like to hear thoughts on these before I make a purchase. View attachment 579490
I have one I used for a couple years.. The 13 gallon one with same strainer insert. I was told they were made by the same company that makes them for concord... they are heavy guage, polished and didnt rust.. not sure what else you might want to know.. oh they were as wide as they are tall which was the one downside as taller narrow kettles are more efficient for brewing. I eventually upgraded to 16g bayou kettles which arent better built (worse actually) but the dimensions were better than the 13 gallon kettle I brew with electric and use pumps so the tri clad bottom or thickness was not a concern.

EDIT The Ballington I had did leak from the riveted handles from day 1 as many riveted handles do, just a heads up...

Last edited:
I've got a 8 gallon and 20 gallon kettle. Been using them for years. they are thin, but for the price on a budget you cant beat them. Only downside is the width of them. The 20 gallon is almost 22 inches wide. so you lose a lot boiling. almost 3 gallons per hour. No trouble with them rusting. Clean up great. I have installed ball valves and thermometers in both without issues.

yes the width on my 13 gallon was as wide as it was tall... takes more energy to get a boil and as mentioned theres more boiloff... as far as thickness though they are thicker than the bayou classic line for sure. they are made of jindal stainless which is similar to 304..

Back