Ball or Pin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinks

Reaction score
Is there any advantage of getting one style keg over the other? Or is it as simple as there are more ball lock kegs available?

From my understanding the ball lock kegs are more common. I believe parts are cheaper for ball lock kegs. I hope this helps.
:mug:

Also, ball locks tend to be taller and skinnier than pin locks. So, if size is an issue...

My advice - is just choose - I do not think it really makes a huge difference. but Make sure that you stick that type from then on out - for ever and ever.

My personal preferance is Ball lock, but I was given 4 pepsi soda kegs and so I had that as my base, and have bought 5 more since then.

Check your local HBS, find out what they sell most of - and what repairs they have, and then go with that model.

Kilroy

I have pin locks but that's because I got a nice score from craigslist. My LHBS carries stuff for both so I don't really have any issues.

Back