Ball lock problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swarley88

Reaction score
We are having issues with the pressure on a 5 keg kegerater. The pressure keeps going up to 25, even when we turn the pressure down to 9-10, the next day she pops back up to 25. Anyone have similar experiences? I am a noob with the kegs.

What kind of regulator do you have? Does it have a check valve on the output? I had similar issues and upgraded to a quality Taprite regulator which fixed the issue.

What pressure were the kegs carbed to? How is the gas split? Manifold? Shut off valves with check valves?

What kind of regulator do you have? Does it have a check valve on the output? I had similar issues and upgraded to a quality Taprite regulator which fixed the issue.

It does. After bouncing some ideas of each other, a new regulator might be needed. Might have been hit when we put in the new CO2 tank in.

What pressure were the kegs carbed to? How is the gas split? Manifold? Shut off valves with check valves?

That I am unsure about. I am helping out my boss with it, I believe he wants them to be at 9-10psi. I know they don't have a relief valve, but am unsure how to the gas is split.

Before your boss gives up on his reg, have him make sure the reg misbehaves even with no kegs connected, as an overcarbed keg and no check valve on the gas line will back feed the low pressure gauge...

Cheers!

Back