Bacon Vodka

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danek said:
It's filtered, and bottled, and I have a shot glass of it here...

Oh. Sweet baby Jesus. I'm finding it hard to describe how foul-tasting this is. I'm not sure if this is exactly the right description. But it's as if someone very ill had pissed into a bottle of salt.

I can't feel my legs.

See, that's why I only buy my bacon vodka from reputable manufacturers.

Gordon's Vodka, three strips of Bacon and white peppercorns.

CIMG2346.JPG

I didn't use cripsy bacon so that it could fit the mason jar better and woudln't break up.

CIMG2349.JPG

Stored in the fridge. Hope it clears.

You're not getting to get the maximum extraction from the bacon that way! Your International Bacon Units reading is going to be off! ;)

This would work great as a spray deodorant. It would be good if you wanted to pick up fat girls!

mrk305 said:
This would work great as a spray deodorant. It would be good if you wanted to pick up fat girls!

Shouldn't that be odorant not deodorant.

If you have to use bacon vodka for a deodorant then you'd have to have a pretty bad funk.

Bacon vodka deodorant, for when smelling like bacon is, well, better than before.

i can't believe that for the first time in my life bacon let me down. this thread is making me sicker by the post, all of a sudden that bacon egg and cheese biscuit from chic-fila feels like it wants to see daylight again.

Danek said:
It's filtered, and bottled, and I have a shot glass of it here...

Oh. Sweet baby Jesus. I'm finding it hard to describe how foul-tasting this is. I'm not sure if this is exactly the right description. But it's as if someone very ill had pissed into a bottle of salt.

I can't feel my legs.

O man that is funny..

Now vodka bacon on the other hand... Pork belly, vodka and a bit of pink salt...I'm thinking gin might be better.

Big10Seaner said:
You're not getting to get the maximum extraction from the bacon that way! Your International Bacon Units reading is going to be off! ;)

whoo hoo! I hope there isn't a bacon shortage. Then we'll have to brew bacon flavored beverages with less IBU's.

Alright. In celebration of dibby's return, I took a sample. An eensy weensy sample and it was pretty good.

Really not bacony enough, so I'll give it some time.

Based on Daneks post, I thought I might be in for a really briney gut punch, but it really wasn't so.

Also not as much fat congelation, so I'm moving it to the freezer.

Sean said:
O man that is funny..

Now vodka bacon on the other hand... Pork belly, vodka and a bit of pink salt...I'm thinking gin might be better.

Well now you've got me thinking here...

What if you take your flammable alcohol of choice (say 151 or everclear), add 2 or 3 cups to a cast iron skillet, toss in a few strips of bacon, and ignite it.

Could you cook the bacon in record time? I freaking HATE waiting for bacon to cook. If I could ignite the skillet (outdoors, of course) and have bacon in 5 minutes, then that would be totally awesome...

Sir Humpsalot said:
Well now you've got me thinking here...

What if you take your flammable alcohol of choice (say 151 or everclear), add 2 or 3 cups to a cast iron skillet, toss in a few strips of bacon, and ignite it.

Could you cook the bacon in record time? I freaking HATE waiting for bacon to cook. If I could ignite the skillet (outdoors, of course) and have bacon in 5 minutes, then that would be totally awesome...

Mate... try cooking bacon on the BBQ some time... on the grill, not the plate.. cooks in about 45 seconds... just stand back and save your eyebrows:mug:

PeteOz77 said:
Mate... try cooking bacon on the BBQ some time... on the grill, not the plate.. cooks in about 45 seconds... just stand back and save your eyebrows:mug:

Be sure to use thick bacon, or your thin oscar mayer stuff will quickly turn to ashes as the grease drips onto the flames. yes, I've made this mistake.

I'm going to try this vodka... although I won't be going through the big process. I found a nice shortcut:

IMAGE_071.jpg

Or maybe I want it a little different? :drunk:

IMAGE_070.jpg

I love working with flavors :D

I had the pleasure of tasting olllllo's bacon vodka, and it was very interesting. The bacon added a peppery, smoky aroma and flavor to the vodka. The fat seemed to change the mouthfeel, making the vodka seem creamier. Overall it was a once in a lifetime experience that was enjoyable. I did not think the combination of vodka and bacon would work, but it was a pleasant surprise.

olllllo said:
I plan on tasting on the 12th.

Have you tried making a bloody mary with this yet? Not that I'm questioning the appeal this concoction has on its own . . . well, actually, I guess that's quite questionable.

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
Hmm.. can you filter the vodcka so it's sans grease?
I chilled mine and ran it through two coffee filters. Although a load of grease was caught in the filters, the end product still tasted greasy.

I put the vodka in the freezer in an effort to get the bacon grease to congeal. Some of it did. I also filtered through a coffee filter.

The remaining grease does add a heft to the vodka and seems to be evenly distributed. IMO it does not taste greasy, but it is certainly not crisp like a berry or fruit infused Vodka might be.

It is slightly tinted. It's an open question as to whether further filtering with say a carbon filter will help or hurt this concoction. I would not want any less bacon flavor.

I have not mixed it with anything, such as a bloody mary. I made a small batch and I fear I will blow through it too quickly.

Perhaps a second batch and experiment is needed.

I felt that the fat might have added to the body, making the vodka smoother, not greasy. I really enjoyed the texture, and the flavor.

olllllo said:
I put the vodka in the freezer in an effort to get the bacon grease to congeal. Some of it did. I also filtered through a coffee filter.

The remaining grease does add a heft to the vodka and seems to be evenly distributed. IMO it does not taste greasy, but it is certainly not crisp like a berry or fruit infused Vodka might be.

It is slightly tinted. It's an open question as to whether further filtering with say a carbon filter will help or hurt this concoction. I would not want any less bacon flavor.

I have not mixed it with anything, such as a bloody mary. I made a small batch and I fear I will blow through it too quickly.

Perhaps a second batch and experiment is needed.

I think that would be the right thing to do. And while you're at it, update the original post to include the following:

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND START ANOTHER BATCH 2 WEEKS AFTER YOU START THIS ONE.
YOU WILL THANK ME LATER!

BakerStreetBeers said:
Have you tried making a bloody mary with this yet? Not that I'm questioning the appeal this concoction has on its own . . . well, actually, I guess that's quite questionable.

This was my exact thought when tasting at olllllo's place. Possibly even reducing the worchesiresauce due to the smokiness.
I haven't been a vodka shooter for many years and only rarely visit those days via bloody mary's but when given the chance to taste olllllo's concoction, I had to give it a try.

Iordz covered it well.

Tried the bacon vodka when I was at olllllo's place. I've got to say it was pretty good! The bacon flavor is very noticeable but not overpowering. Not salty, but somewhat smoky. It would be very good to sip at breakfast or with a filet mignon. I think I agree on using cheap vodka. I can't see using an expensinve when you are going to modify it so much.

I dunno about bacon vodka, but I did make myself a bacontini the other day.

4 parts Jack Daniels
1 part SoCo
Splash of pepper vodka
Garnish with Bacon

What you see below is a Pan American Bacontini. It has American and Canadian Bacon. You can also make a standard or "American" Bacontini with only regular bacon, but what can I say? I like to be a little flashy...

Pan-AmericanBacontini.jpg

Latest posts

Back