Bachelor Party Weekend Double IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyHannas

Reaction score
this is my second time brewing from all grain and my first time making something so hoppy. about to start heating my strike water, any last minute tips? This started out as a Pliny the Elder recipe that Vinnie posted, but i had to make some hop adjustments so i just went and ahead and tweaked the whole hop schedule

12# US Pale 2 row
12oz Cara-Pils
4oz Crystal 40L
1# Dextrose
Saf-Ale US05

1oz Nugget (pellet 13.7%AA) kettle hops

1oz Amarillo (leaf 10.1%AA) 90min
2oz Nugget 90 min

1/2oz Amarillo 45 min
1/2oz Cascade (leaf 7.3%AA) 45 min
1oz Simcoe (pellet 12.2%AA) 45 min

1oz Nugget 20 min
1oz Simcoe 20 min
1/2oz Citra (pellet 12.3%AA) 20 min

1/2oz Citra 0 min
1/2oz Nugget 0 min
1 3/4oz Simcoe 0 min

1oz Cascade dry hop 10 days
1oz Nugget
1oz Simcoe

1/2oz Cascade dry hop 4 days
1/2oz Amarillo
1/2oz Nugget
1/4oz Simcoe

That sounds amazingly hoppy! I'd be interested to hear if the beer can actually dissolve the amount of AA from the ~11 oz of hops in the boil. In any case this should be a hopheads dream come true. Also, you might consider adding a little more crystal, at only 4 oz the beer may come out a bit more pale than your average IIPA even with a 90 min boil.

im about 16 hours into fermentation and this beers smells pretty incredible. i drank the sample from my hydrometer tube and it is BITTER!

this beer came out pretty incredible. just drank it this past weekend at the bachelor party and everyone loved it. a tongue bruiser for sure. would love to brew it again if it didnt cost over $30 for the hops alone.

ive been craving this beer so much that i think im going to brew it again this summer. i stocked up on hops online and bought a 50# sack of 2row this year so hopefully itll be a little bit cheaper this time

Back