Baby Bottle Sanitizer/sterilizer for small parts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The two common steam-sterilizing temperatures are 121°C (250°F) and 132°C (270°F). These temperatures (and other high temperatures) must be maintained for a minimal time to kill microorganisms."
https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/guidelines/disinfection/sterilization/steam.html
What makes you think that plastic box can reach those temps without pressure?
An autoclave (or pressure canner) is the only answer to absolute sterilization by reaching above temps.

I guess it's probably more sanitizer than sterilizer.. It's probably no better than a dunk in star-san or the like.
Was just trying to think about an easier way of dealing with all the little stuff (ball-lock connectors, posts, etc..) and not taking into account that the bulk of cleaning those is disassembly and re assembly and not the dunk or spray in star-san.

the bulk of cleaning those is disassembly and re assembly
You got it!

Tight spaces, such as in spigots, or between a valve's ball and its chamber, are the usual culprit of looming infections. An autoclave could kill what's in those crevices, without having to take it apart. But the gunk itself remains, becoming an invitation to the next visitor.

I don't have anything like that to clean up, but if I did, I would use my Instant Pot.

Back