B is for Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerGrrrl

Reaction score
I've been a Tom Robbins fan for a long time and how WONDERFUL was it to see he made a children's book about beer. (A children's book for grown-ups or A grown-up book for Children the cover says) And I finally just got around to reading it last night. It's about a little girl who discovers what beer is and she has a funny uncle and meets a beer fairy and what not and it was just great! You could read it in an hour or so. Anyone else read it?

A highlight!:

"...when brewers combine hops with yeast and grain and water, allow the mixture to ferment--to rot--it magically produces an elixir so gass with blue-collar cheer, so regal with glints of gold, so titillating with protential mischeif, so triumphantly refreshing, that it seizes the soul and thrusts it toward that ethereal plateau where, to paraphrase Baudelaire, all human whimsises float and merge."

Hmmm

I love Tom Robbins books and I've been dying to read this one. I actually made a Tom Robbins reference in a thread about mushroom hunting not too long ago. Nobody went with it. They just continued with the mushroom hunting convo. Oh well.

I'm definitely going to have to pick up B is for Beer. Maybe I'll make it a Sunday afternoon read this weekend. I'll let you know what I think.

Tom Robbins is one of my favorite authors as well and I loved "B is for Beer." I even had my kids read it (ages 11 and 12) and they thought it was funny. A must read for everyone on the forum as far as I am concerned.

Back