Awesome Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgolanos

Reaction score
I just want to say that this past Saturday I had an awesome brew day.

I've been insanely busy the last few months working my 2 jobs and completing post-grad study. I've been under a tremendous amount of pressure and I feel like I haven't had a chance to think or enjoy life, let alone plan a brewing day. But this Saturday I decided if I was going to sit around all day and write out another damn assignment, I was going to use those 4-5 hours to brew as well.

I had just enough wheat malt, smoked malt and pils to do a smoked wheat. I found 100g of chocolate malt in the bottom of my grain-box so I threw that in as well.

I hit all of my targets dead-on: Mash temps, Boil gravity, post-boil gravity. The post boil sample tasted thick, almost milkshake-like. I'm quite intrigued to taste this one in a few weeks. As I type this, my creation is happily fermenting away under a think layer of kräusen. In 2 weeks, she goes into bottles for carbonation and I can enjoy the post-grad life!

That is all.

Nice! Looking forward to hearing how that one turned out. I dig a good kitchen sink beer.

I did the same thing on Sunday. Wife was out working and both the kids were down for naps. I decided to brew an oatmeal milk stout and it was an easy brew day. Gotta love em.

Cheers!

Update: I cracked this beer opened today. I love it and my wife loves it, too. I plan on making it again but adding a bit more chocolate malt. The 100g I added faded quit a bit so it's hardly noticeable except for a small aftertaste and faint scent. Oh, well. I'm happy so I can't complain.

20161204_173600.jpg

It's not done. Let it mature in the bottles for a bit (at least 2 weeks) and then cold condition for at least a week.

I promise, you'll think more highly of your brew!

:mug:

Latest posts

Back