Avery Waterproof, Removable Labels (Inkjet or Laser)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tag0304

Reaction score
Searched the forums for this product before posting but could only find 1 mention of it anywhere. So anyone use these and are they good? Im new to brewing and wanted to make some labels up in photoshop to print up. Came looking here and most suggest laser for waterproof. I have a nice photo inkjet printer with smudge and water "resistant" ink. So I was not sure how it would work on bottles that will get wet in a cooler or moisture. Found this product which seems to fix that.
2 sizes
3-1/2" x 4-3/4" 32 count ($10.14 on Amazon)
or 1.25" x 1.75" Pack of 256($10.24 again Amazon)

They claim
Ideal for outdoor equipment, refrigerated products and more
Labels hold up in outdoor environments and resist moisture, scuffing and tearing
Easy to customize with logos, product information and more
The print-to-the-edge feature lets you add full-color background
Compatible with both inkjet and laser printers

Having not done it before from here seems like common problems are inkjet ink not holding up to moisture well and some labels not removing easily/clean. Just looking for alternatives, suggestions before I order some. Seems like a good price and I have amazon prime so free 2 day shipping.

I have used Avery "removable" labels before. At the time I had a limited supply of bottles and no real house recipe that i would brew over and over. Going to change that this summer. So I would want to peel them off as soon as i finished a beer. For me the ink stayed on even when I tried to wash off the removable label. It was the paper that would loosen when in ice not the ink.
With waterproof labels you may be ok as long as the ink has something to stick to (not sure what kind of coating they use)

I have a Brother inkjet printer

You will definitely will want a non-paper based label if you want something that is going to be waterproof or that can be refrigerated. There are label suppliers that sell waterproof label materials that can be inkjet printed.

OnlineLabels.com offers an inkjet printable polyester material that is waterproof (check out product code - OL3078WJ).

http://www.onlinelabels.com/products/ol3078wj.htm

You can see more size / shape options below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/beer-bottle-labels.aspx

You can also get some free samples for testing at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

Hope this helps. I have a lot of knowledge on labeling if you have any questions.

What a coincidence , I had ordered samples from there after posting this topic and just got them today. Was going to test them out. My main concern is how well do the remove? Sam Adams labels just fall off after I soak with oxi initially. Others though do not and can be a pain to remove.

dcarmany,

How easy is it to get these labels on and off? And are they re-useable?

Back