Auto-siphon question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAY_DEAD

Reaction score
So I tried the panty hose on the end of my auto siphon method, and as soon as I pumped the cane to initiate siphoning, the panty hose came off. I cut a 4" x 4" piece of panty hose and put it over the inlet of the siphon and secured it with a zip tie. Apparently it wasn't tight enough. Anyone care to provide some input on how to do this without losing the panty hose? In a couple of weeks I will have to rack this beer off of the cacao nibs and into my bottling bucket and I'd like to keep the nibs out of the bucket. Thanks for the help!

I use a hop bag on the siphon discharge side of things. Works way better than trying to siphon from the intake side IME. You still have the possibility of the siphon clogging but for keeping yeast and hop gunk out of my bottling bucket it works great. I pull the hop bag out slowly to reduce oxidation concerns.

I don't think so. Pull the bag out slow and there is minimal splashing. I use a clothes pin or binder clip to attach the hop bag to the side of the bucket. I don't attach the bag to the hose, it just rests inside there.

Latest posts

Back