Auber 2362

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewJr

Reaction score
Ok so one dream of mine is to start my EHERM build.. I have no ambition to build the panel as that scares the crap out of me! I have however found a panel on local Craig’s list that seems to be a super deal! Question is this panel seems to have been set up for a gas rig.. post does say it has Auber 2362 PID’s.. I want to build a full electric system and not deal with gas.. is it a big ordeal to convert a gas panel to run elements? What can I be on the lookout for when I take a look at the insides to know what to convert?

Attachments

• 14D12AA1-F773-4ABC-94E7-BD66B5C4735A.jpeg
    14D12AA1-F773-4ABC-94E7-BD66B5C4735A.jpeg
    955.7 KB · Views: 133
This was the reply I got back asking about it:

“ I built the control panel for my single tier 3 burner 3 pump setup. The control panel is pretty basic internally... the guts just have a relay for the keyed power switch, and a transformer to drop down the voltage down to 24v for the pilot light controllers. Its got 3 Auber temp controllers, and 1 Auber timer. Everything is wired to go through an alarm (which can be bypassed with the switches). The burners can also be set to bypass the temp controllers, and fire up manually with the switches. 3 pumps can be controlled with the switches as well.”

What you're likely going to need, lets say just HLT and Boil kettle running 220V....

220v Wire + associated plugs, sockets and fuses
2x SSR + heatsink
Wire connectors

You're likely going to throw away all of the 24v stuff that's already in there, so the only useful things you're acquiring are couple of switches, leds and the 2362's

Well I have the opportunity to snag this thing for about $200... Think that's a reasonable deal??

I believe you'll be OK. The PID's probably operate gas valve solenoids instead of SSR's. You'll just hook up your PID signals to new SSR's. You'll need space to mount the SSR's and have large heat sinks.

Latest posts

Back