Argentine Cascade IPA??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mplow222

Reaction score
So I recently got my hands on a pound of Argentine Cascade hops (3.7) so I made a simple recipe to see how it tastes, and it turned out pretty freaking good =) posted below if anyone wants to try it.

Recipe Style American Pale Ale
Brewer Batch 2.25 gal
All Grain

Recipe Characteristics
Recipe Gravity 1.061 OG Estimated FG 1.015 FG
Recipe Bitterness 31 IBU Alcohol by Volume 5.9%
Recipe Color 8° SRM Alcohol by Weight 4.6%

Ingredients
Quantity Grain Type Use
4.50 lb American two-row Grain Mashed
0.50 lb Crystal 40L Grain Mashed
Quantity Hop Type Time
1.12 oz Argentine Cascade Pellet 60 minutes
0.12 oz Argentine Cascade Pellet 12 minutes
0.12 oz Argentine Cascade Pellet 6 minutes
Quantity Misc Notes
1.00 unit American Ale yeast Yeast Nottingham

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else has much experience with this hop because I would like to make a IPA with it but am not sure what would be a good hop to pair with it. Any suggestions are welcome (keep them positive though)

I'm curious about using these hops as well, though I've heard they can be very powerful. The beer sounds good, though. Any updates?

So I haven't made the IPA yet but I have used it in a blonde and a wheat in the wheat it was amazing the blonde was essentially the same as the pale ale but watered down so if you are going to use this hop I'd start out with a wheat to see how you like it but the pale ale is amazing and as soon as I come across a recipe that interests me for an IPA I'll try it with that.

Latest posts

Back