Are these ready?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumulusHead

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all.

This is my hops third year of growing, but I am not around to pick. My mother just sent me a picture of these. I'm not really good at deciding if they are ready to harvest, what do you guys think?

I think I can convince her to pick them, but if it's too early I could pick them myself in a few weeks.

I'm just having a hard time telling from the picture. It'd be easier to tell if I could touch them. Figured there are way more experienced growers on here than me that could tell just from looking.

Thanks!!! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408979897.505609.jpg

Sent from myPhone

A few things could help a little. What variety, location, spray program?

Just from looks, you could harvest now but how long until you'll be around to do it? You wrote a few weeks. I wouldn't wait more than two weeks. If you have the option to get her to send a picture every week (including a split in half hop cone) then you could make the call later if they look more mature. Will she be drying them for you too?

Back