April Fool's beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Find someone with Bud Light on draft.

-Put in your home brew bottles with a touch of brown food coloring to make it look like a dark beer.

-Cap and give to your BMC friends. Tell them,'Come on, give it a fair chance, you may like it."

-See how many still think it is too strong or not as good.

lou2row said:
-Find someone with Bud Light on draft.

-Put in your home brew bottles with a touch of brown food coloring to make it look like a dark beer.

-Cap and give to your BMC friends. Tell them,'Come on, give it a fair chance, you may like it."

-See how many still think it is too strong or not as good.

Ha - this is the best idea so far. IMHO

What is your response when asked? I was asked to make a Bud Light Lime clone once.

Honestly I would make it if I could. If I made it, I would have to use vodka and basically it would just turn out like bottling a mixed drink. I don't have an interest in doing it like this. The closest thing I've found to actually brewing one, are the Island Mist kits. It's not quite Smirnoff Ice, but I think that it's more in line with what they would drink, and what I'd actually enjoy making. I usually just say "maybe" or "we'll see" and it just gets pushed back and I never make it.

Take any light to medium bodied beer from your primary and rack it onto 4-5 freshly cut up habanero peppers. Let it dry hop for a few weeks and serve on April fools day.

I've had a few oyster stouts and really like them. Most just have a hint of brine to them and are really quite interesting! After seeing the Brewing TV episode mentioned earlier in this thread, I had to try one.

That being said, I really like the idea of the stout w/o the dark grains!

I don't think this was intended as a bmc bash. It'd be quite funny to try. See how the placebo effect works on people. A beer that's not even beer. See how many of your friends act drunk after a few. Add some nerf characteristic without the alcohol

I'm pretty sure carltjones just made a BMC joke, himself, intentionally.

Throw a big party and get a keg of sharps or ohdule's or however it's spelled. See how many people act drunk on it, LOL! Buy a couple 40's of some nasty ass malt liquor and put that in some BMC bottles ad provide that at your home to BMC drinkers! I would love to see some of my friends faces when they turned up a BL bottle and got a mouthful of steele reserve!

Take any light to medium bodied beer from your primary and rack it onto 4-5 freshly cut up habanero peppers. Let it dry hop for a few weeks and serve on April fools day.

I make a chile pale ale w/ 1 habanero and 2 jalapenos and that's enough for 5 gallons. I can only imagine 1 habanero per gallon.

One of my friends did that with vodka. It was so spicy, yet so good.

Back