Apple infused Crown Royal whiskey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBWVWM

Reaction score
Anyone tried this? A friend has put apples in a large jar with Crown Royal.
A restaurant told him they did this for 14 days before serving, so he is trying it at home.

Will the alcohol keep well after this? Should he put it back in the bottles when the flavor reaches a good level? Would it matter if he just kept it on the apples in the dispenser? Any concerns about mold, oxidation, or turning to vinegar?

I think he should make an awesome apple pie after the infusion is done.

What do you think? Thanks for any thoughts and comments.
James

Rons Apples 2.jpg

Anyone tried this? A friend has put apples in a large jar with Crown Royal.
A restaurant told him they did this for 14 days before serving, so he is trying it at home.

Will the alcohol keep well after this? Should he put it back in the bottles when the flavor reaches a good level? Would it matter if he just kept it on the apples in the dispenser? Any concerns about mold, oxidation, or turning to vinegar?

I think he should make an awesome apple pie after the infusion is done.

What do you think? Thanks for any thoughts and comments.
James

Sorry, I have no advice to give you as I've never done anything like this before. If it won't cause harm, I'd leave as is. Looks wicked cool! Hopefully someone with experience will chime in. Good luck!

Should the apples have been cut and cored first? I'd second the apple pie idea, any alcohol should cook off in the oven, leaving just the flavor.

I've seen similar arrangements in many bars, using fruits or vegetables. One place in particular does this with sliced red, yellow, and green bell peppers along with sliced onions soaking in vodka. I don't drink Bloody Marys often but a friend tells me they are fantastic made with that vodka infusion. This place also has sliced pineapple soaking in vodka too.
I agree with the previous post about peeling, coring and slicing the apple first.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

He says after 4 days it is developing a slight hint of apple in the aftertaste.

Anyone have any thoughts on oxidation, or how long it will last?

Thanks, James

Latest posts

Back