Apple /Cranberry Cider????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalkyt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Suggestions please...

I don't seem to have made enough cider this year (or I have given too much away). We are into Spring and therefore out of apple season, but I have a reliable source of preservative free apple juice and think it might be worthwhile cranking up a "different" quaffing batch.

I can get Pink Lady and Granny Smith juice. Normally with something like this, addition of some crab apples would to boost the tannin and flavour would be a good idea but of course there aren't any around.

I have noticed a few references to cranberry or pomegranate additions to cider and thought that cranberry might be a good addition. There is an Australian Cider made by Mercury in Tasmania which is sold as Apple/Cranberry and which gets very good reviews.

So, any recommendations, recipes suggestions for additions to the AJ etc will be welcome.

I have done a number of apple juice and other juice or fruit combinations. 3 gallons apple juice and 2 cranberry juice turned out pretty darned good. Tart but not overpowering.

Ferment and ballance the acid as you would your traditional cider.

Latest posts

Back