Apfelwein in Home Draft?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachary80

Reaction score
Could you ferment apfelwein in a coors home draft with some sort of air lock, then seal it when its done and serve? Basically a no-transfer method

After thinking alittle longer on this my answer would be no. You need to get the beer off of the trub unless you want a really yeasty and nasty tasting beer. Go ahead and ferment in the draft keg, but then you would have to transfer to another serving vessel to get it off of the trub.

After thinking alittle longer on this my answer would be no. You need to get the beer off of the trub unless you want a really yeasty and nasty tasting beer. Go ahead and ferment in the draft keg, but then you would have to transfer to another serving vessel to get it off of the trub.

Forgot about that, I figured I was missing something. Apfelwein trub doesn't seem like too much yeast, but it would get stirred up switching from upright to on its side

Even thought it isnt much yeast it can still ruin a perfectly good batch of beer, and we dont want that do we ;)

Back