Apartment Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTower

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at brewing in my new apartment. It's a one bedroom with a relatively small kitchen. Luckily, I don't pay for gas or water, so I can boil water to my heart's content. The brew of the day was a brown ale, full-boil extract with steeping grains.

7 lbs Light DME
8 oz molasses
8 oz crystal 60L
5 oz crystal 80L
4 oz biscuit malt
2 oz black patent

2.0 oz Goldings at 60 mins
1.5 oz Cascade at 15 mins

Nottingham Yeast

The Set-up: my kitchen filled with brewing equipment, my ingredients, and my kettle setup over double burners.

Brown Ale Brewday 001.jpg

Brown Ale Brewday 008.jpg

Brown Ale Brewday 004.jpg

The remaining trub, my sample coming in at 1.054, and my fermenter with blowoff tube resting directly in front of an air conditioner.

Brown Ale Brewday 028.jpg

Brown Ale Brewday 029.jpg

Brown Ale Brewday 033.jpg

Looks a lot like the kitchen in my condo when I'm brewing... Except I have to use the dining room table as well to hold my MLT...

awww crap. It's actually live in Silver Spring now, I forgot to change it when I moved down here. I did live in Fell's Point while I was up there.

very cool pics, using that double burner would definitely solve the problem of having such a big brew pot on a stove, will keep that in mind, hope it turns out well for ya

Back